Surgical Patient Care for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses, Second Edition offers a complete, practical guide to nursing care for patients undergoing common and advanced surgeries in small animal practice. Written by veterinary technicians for veterinary technicians, the book is organized chronologically, beginning with the initial client contact and continuing through surgery to discharge and aftercare. The new edition significantly expands the surgical procedures chapter, adding new procedures, and incorporates updates to reflect new knowledge throughout.
Topics cover all aspects of surgical patient care, including surgical assisting and patient comfort, for orthopedic, soft tissue, and emergency surgeries. A companion website offers video clips and review questions and answers, plus the figures from the book in PowerPoint.
The Second Edition features:
- Hundreds of clinical photographs to support the text, with more than 100 images new to this edition, including many new instrument photos
- A logical chronological organization, from initial client communication through to discharge and aftercare instructions
- Topics ranging from laboratory testing, patient preparation, and instrument care and maintenance to bandaging, client communication, rehabilitation, encompassing orthopedic, ophthalmic, soft tissue, and emergency surgeries
- Expanded coverage of surgical procedures and wound management
- A companion website with video clips, review questions and answers, and the figures from the book in PowerPoint
Surgical Patient Care for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is equally useful for veterinary technician and nursing students and for veterinary technicians and nurses in practice, providing practical advice in a well-illustrated format.