Behavior Problems of the Dog & Cat, 4th Edition retains the highly practical approach that has proved so successful in previous editions, offering diagnostic guidelines, preventive advice, treatment guidelines and charts, case examples, client forms and handouts, and product and resource suggestions, along with details on the use of drugs and natural supplements to help optimize the behavior services offered in practice.
- Step-by-step guidelines describe how to collect a patient history, perform a thorough physical examination, conduct diagnostic testing, formulate differential diagnoses, select treatment, and monitor the patients’ responses.
- Background information describes how dog and cat behavior problems arise and how they can be prevented.
- Coverage of behavior modification techniques provides you with a clear understanding of suggested treatment as well as the use of drugs, products, pheromones, surgery, diet, and alternative therapies.
- Content on behavioral genetics explores this rapidly growing and advancing field and includes new therapeutic approaches for cognitive decline.
- Case studies illustrate real-life clinical situations.
- Easy-access treatment tables provide at-a-glance solutions to common behavior problems.
- Useful appendices include treatment protocols as well as the drug information and dosages that make effective prescribing easy.