The only drug formulary on the market created solely for the treatment of exotic animals, Carpenter's Exotic Animal Formulary, 6th Edition, addresses the most common questions and medical situations encountered in clinical practice. Using clear, current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages, this evidence-based text helps you find the information you need fast. In addition, there are numerous tables containing biologic, hematologic, and biochemical of common pets.
This updated handbook provides up-to-date coverage on the exotic species that you are likely to see in practice: invertebrates, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, backyard poultry and waterfowl, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, rodents, rabbits, ferrets, miniature pigs, primates, and native wildlife. In addition, there is an updated section on "Select Topics for the Exotic Animal Veterinarian" that provides convenient information such as antimicrobials used in treating exotic animals, conversion charts, select laboratories conducting exotic animal diagnostic tests, exotic animal online resources for practitioners, and captive husbandry website for owners of exotic animals.
- A valuable reference for exotic animal/zoo/laboratory/wildlife veterinarians, technicians, animal caretakers, students, research scientists, and others working with nontraditional animals
- Extremely handy and user friendly
- 29 internationally recognized experts prepared chapters in their areas of specialization
- 301 tables provide clear,current recommendations on drug dosages and indications used in treating exotic animals.
- Over 3100 references are cited and provide additional context for dosages
- Dosage recommendations from pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) studies are clearly indicated.
- Updated and expanded handy-to-use Index.
- Addition of an enhanced eBook on Ebooks+