With nearly 100 different autoimmune diseases reported to occur in domestic animal species, this evidence-based clinical reference is a must-have for every veterinary practice! Autoimmune Diseases in Domestic Animals, from noted veterinary author Ian R. Tizard, sheds light on both common and rare conditions, including skin diseases, diabetes mellitus, thyroiditis, and hemolytic anemia. Convenient and portable, this single-source review addresses autoimmune diseases in dogs, cats, horses, and livestock species with comprehensive coverage of treatment protocols, diagnostic procedures, and the latest pathogenesis studies.
- All-in-one guide covers the basic science, clinical presentation, and treatment of this set of increasingly prevalent animal diseases.
- Comprehensive information for each disease prepares students to communicate effectively with clients.
- Reviews of the most recent relevant literature provide a clearer understanding of complex autoimmune diseases.
- Detailed coverage facilitates the accurate diagnosis and rational treatment of immunologic diseases.
- Information on autoimmune mouse strains and other animal models meets the needs of comparative immunology and research students.
- Expert author Ian R. Tizard is a well-established veterinary writer who is world-renowned on the topic of immunology in veterinary medicine.