Small animal clinical techniques
3rd ed., 309 pages, 700 ill., Elsevier, October 2020
Item Code: MEDIN235
Weigth: 800 g
Discipline: Internal medicine
Other users also bought...
Learn how to confidently care for small animal patients with Taylor’s Small Animal Clinical Techniques 3rd Edition. Filled with more than 60 of the most common procedures performed by veterinary technicians and assistants this highly visual guide helps you easily master the diagnostic and therapeutic clinical techniques that are essential to small animal practice. Each procedure uses clear step-by-step instructions to walk you through the purpose indications contraindications and concerns complications special anatomy equipment restraint and procedure techniques. This new edition also features a new chapter on physical examination all-new physical examination procedure videos and updated images throughout the text. And as with previous editions Taylor’s companion online learning modules will further hone your ability to logically think through procedures and properly perform skills.
New to this edition
- NEW! New chapter on physical examination incorporates a comprehensive step-by-step photo essay to help you easily understand how to perform common techniques.
- NEW! Physical examination procedure videos on the Evolve companion website help you put techniques into practice.
- NEW! Updated images throughout the text are paired with procedures to better illustrate step-by-step technique instructions.
- Coverage of the most common procedures performed by veterinary technicians and assistants are covered in a clear, concise, and highly visual way.
- Consistent approach includes step-by-step instructions, principles, and photographs for all procedures to show you how to think through the procedures in a logical manner and perform the skills well.
- Case studies help ground you in your understanding and reinforce clinical experience.
- Narrated videos located on the Evolve companion website provide visual, real-time demonstrations of clinical techniques and are a perfect review tool.
1. Physical Examination – NEW!
2. Venous Blood Collection
3. Arterial Blood Collection
4. Injection Techniques
5. Vascular Access Techniques
6. Dermatologic Techniques
7. Ear Examination
8. Ocular Techniques
9. Respiratory System Techniques
11. Gastrointestinal System Techniques
12. Urinary System Techniques
13. Vaginal Cytology
14. Bone Marrow Collection
16. eurologic Examination
17. Cerebrospinal Fluid Collection
18. Tests to Assess Clotting
Susan Meric Taylor, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM, Professor of Small Animal Medicine, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan