Domestic animal behavior for veterinarians & animal scientists
6th ed., 429 pages, 50 ill., John Wiley & Sons, May 2018
Item Code: ETOLO105
Weigth: 1100 g
Discipline: Behavioural medicine
Other users also bought...
|Description|Domestic Animal Behavior for Veterinarians and Animal Scientists, Sixth Edition
is a fully updated revision of this popular, classic text offering a thorough understanding of the normal behavior of domestic animals.
- Provides a complete understanding of the normal behavior of domestic animals
- Covers dogs, cats, horses, pigs, sheep, cattle, and goats
- Describes all key aspects of animal behavior, with images to support the concepts
- Revised and updated to cover the latest thinking, with enhanced coverage of behavioral genetics, animal cognition, and learning
- Includes access to a companion website with review questions and answers and the figures from the book in PowerPoint
About the Author xi
1 Communication 1
2 Aggression and Social Structure 25
3 Biological Rhythms and Sleep and Stereotypic Behavior 51
4 Sexual Behavior 83
5 Maternal Behavior 127
6 Development of Behavior 163
7 Learning 191
8 Ingestive Behavior: Food and Water Intake 221
9 Behavioral Genetics 253
Katherine A. Houpt, VMD, PhD, DACVB, is Professor Emeritus of Behavioral Medicine at Cornell University's College of Veterinary Medicine in Ithaca, New York, USA.