Practical transfusion medicine for the small animal practitioner
2nd ed., 79 pages, 20 ill., John Wiley & Sons, March 2017
Item Code: EMATO31
Weigth: 500 g
Other users also bought...
Special Offer until
|Description|Practical Transfusion Medicine for the Small Animal Practitioner, Second Edition
provides clinically oriented guidance on all aspects of blood banking, compatibility testing, and patient blood management for dogs and cats.
- Presents procedures for blood collection, processing, and storage in the veterinary setting
- Describes blood components and their key uses
- Provides an overview of blood collection techniques and systems, emphasizing popular configurations for veterinary blood products
- Offers concise and comprehensive guidelines for veterinary professionals to ensure the overall quality of the service
- Includes access to a companion website with full-color images from the book available in PowerPoint
About the Companion Website ix
1 The Blood Donor 1
2 Blood Collection 13
3 Blood Products Overview 26
4 Clinical Considerations in Transfusion Practice 32
5 Adverse Effects of Blood Transfusion 42
6 Methods and Storage 45
7 Quality Assurance 75
Carolyn A. Sink, MS, MT(ASCP) supervises Virginia Tech Animal Laboratory Services (ViTALS) at Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.