BRINSKO et al.
Manual of equine reproduction
3rd ed., 325 pages, 500 ill., Elsevier, September 2010
Item Code: EQUIN249
Weigth: 850 g
Other users also bought...
Now in full color, Manual of Equine Reproduction, 3rd Edition provides a comprehensive look at the reproductive management of horses, including management of stallions, pregnant mares, and neonatal foals. Expert authors use a concise, practical approach in discussing improved therapies and treatments in equine breeding. You’ll enhance your skills and knowledge with this book’s detailed coverage of techniques used in reproductive examination, breeding procedures, pregnancy diagnosis, foaling, and reproductive tract surgery.
- Full-color photographs and illustrations clearly depict procedures, and all drawings have been redrawn and improved.
- NEW Assisted Reproductive Technology chapter goes beyond embryo transfer.
- Updated content includes the latest advances in therapies and treatments.
- New content is added to two chapters, Reproductive Physiology of the Nonpregnant Mare and Manipulation of Estrus in the Mare.
- Thorough coverage of every aspect of equine reproduction provides a strong foundation for success in veterinary practice, including a discussion of the use of GnRH-analog deslorelin (Ovuplant) to hasten ovulation; aseptic technique for endometrial biopsy; use of transabdominal ultrasonography, especially in early pregnancy; determination of fetal gender by transrectal ultrasonography; aspiration testicular biopsy using a spring-loaded biopsy instrument; and procedure for surgical embryo transfer.
1. Reproductive Anatomy of the Mare
2. Reproductive Physiology of the Nonpregnant Mare expanded chapter!
3. Manipulation of Estrus in the Mare expanded chapter!
4. Breeding Soundness Examination of the Mare
5. Transrectal Ultrasonography in Broodmare Practice
7. Pregnancy: Physiology and Diagnosis
8. Pregnancy Loss
9. Management of the Pregnant Mare
10. Dystocia and Postparturient Disease
11. Routine Management of the Neonatal Foal expanded chapter!
12. Semen Collection and Artificial Insemination with Fresh Semen
13. Examination of the Stallion for Breeding Soundness
14. Semen Preservation
15. Surgery of the Mare Reproductive Tract
16. Surgery of the Stallion Reproductive Tract
17. Embryo Transfer
18. Evaluation of Breeding Records
19. Assisted Reproductive Technology NEW chapter!
Steven P. Brinsko, DVM, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A & M University, College Station, TX
Terry L. Blanchard, DVM, MS, Dipl ACT, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A & M University, College Station, TX
Dickson D. Varner, DVM, MS, Dipl ACT, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A & M University, College Station, TX
James Schumacher, DVM, MS, MRCVS, Dip ACVS, Professor, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, USA
Charles C. Love, DVM, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A & M University, College Station, TX